|Frequently Asked Questions
State-of-the-Art Capillary ABsorbents
and PRO-ZORBTM filled products.
1. What is ProZorb? ProZorb is a superior sorbent and bio-remediation accelerator product. It is a light weight and solid granulate composed of carbon, nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, trace elements, surfactant, water, and air.
2. What are ProZorb applications? ProZorb is used as an ABsorbent in response to oil spills where hydrocarbons are the targeted contaminant. Some typical applications are harbors, marinas, the lumber/agriculture industry, with special application for marine/boating, off-road and other kits.
3. How is ProZorb applied? ProZorb granulate can be applied manually by pouring directly onto the spilled liquid or in some cases by using a blower system to force ProZorb Loose Particulate or ProZorb with REM-3 Microbes into areas not accessible to direct pouring... like ponds, streams, and lakes.
The many variations of ProZorb filled Socks, Booms, Large Fueling Bibbs, and Padds are applied directly to spilled liquids for immediate absorption or can be used as a preventive measure in areas where spills are likely to occur, for example, under load valves and around equipment that continually leaks.
4. How does ProZorb work? ProZorb absorption rates are the best in the industry. ProZorb absorbs target liquids by capillary encapsulation. This process is unique to ProZorb as it will absorb free flowing liquids very effectively and almost immediately. Once the liquid is absorbed it is encapsulated inside the ProZorb granules thus protecting against further contamination of the surrounding environment. ProZorb will not allow the liquid to leach out once it is encapsulated.
5. How does ProZorb accelerate bio-remediation? ProZorb is composed of the essential elements necessary for the bio-remediation process. Most biological processes consist of the breakdown and transfer of parts of molecules between various elements by micro-organisms. The degradation of hydrocarbons, for example, requires all of the elements found in ProZorb, such as nitrogen, phosphorous, potassium, and trace elements. Once ProZorb is applied and absorbs the hydrocarbons it provides all of the essential elements for the degradation process to occur at the most critical and optimum location, the interface between the micro-organisms and the hydrocarbon molecules.
6. Is ProZorb safe to use? ProZorb is very safe to use because it contains no harmful components and is 100% Bio-Degradable. It is tested using EPA standardized TCLP tests for heavy metals and is classified Non-Hazardous in accordance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1200. ProZorb should be handled in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practices as with other chemicals. Applicators of ProZorb should use eye goggles and rubber gloves to avoid unnecessary exposure, ingestion, inhalation, eye and skin contact when handling. MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) available on request.
7. What are the physical properties of ProZorb? ProZorb has a pH range of 6.5-7.0. Its moisture content may vary from 20-30%. It is not flammable nor will it burn. ProZorb is a pale yellow solid granule that weighs 2-3 pounds per cubic foot. The oleophilic ProZorb repels water and absorbs oils.
8. How do I dispose of ProZorb after use? Spent or used ProZorb should be disposed of in accordance with regulations for the liquid absorbed. Contact local regulatory agencies for information regarding specific guidelines for disposal of non-hazardous and hazardous liquids. In most oil field operations ProZorb has been approved for incorporation into the soil to stimulate natural bio-remediation.
9. What are the absorption properties of ProZorb? ProZorb will absorb up to 60:1 by weight in target liquids and 1:1 by volume.
10. Where can I purchase ProZorb? ProZorb is sold through agents, dealers and distributors. There may be a supplier near you or you can call B.R.E. at 1-800-436-1050 for marketing information.
Learn about more PRO-ZORBTM Products...
Varied Mixing, Application and Use Guidelines can be obtained from your Distributor to fit your situation.
Remember... "If You Spill, Don't Let It Kill !
Click here or on our
ENVIRONMENTAL PRODUCTS, INC.
6310 N. Pittsburg Spokane, WA 99217 U.S.A.
phone: (509) 489-1704 1-800-436-1050
fax: (509) 489-1785